Monday, October 5, 2009

Lake Powell

We took a quick trip to Lake Powell last week end. This is the latest in the year we have ever been to the lake. We left on Wednesday night. We stopped and picked up the Bennetts and got to the boat around 10:30 PM. It was cold! When we got up the next morning it was still cold. We head out anyway because we were headed south and hoping for the weather to warm up. On the way down to Wahweep we stop and saw some amazing canyons and took the boat into place we probably shouldn't have but we had a great time checking stuff out. I forgot my camera so I took a few pictures with my trusty i phone. Hey and what do you know the picture turned out okay. (not up to Tracy's standard but my pictures never are)

We arrived at Gun Sight Canyon a little later than expected and met up with some of Pete old friend and you wouldn't believe our welcome, none of us could believe it either and laughed harder than we had in quite awhile. Pete had some very strange friends in his past. Anyway we will just say that that part of our trip was very entertaining and we were all glad when it was time to head out.

The days warmed up and we had two wonderful days in the 70's. We enjoyed climbing to the top of Ice Cream canyon which is a very tall mountain of sand (what a work out but we all made it to the top)
It was a short trip, but a fun one. It was very eventful. Our ride back to Bullfrog was like a two hour version of Splash Mountain. The winds were blowing very very hard, the water was coming over the top of the boat and stuff was bouncing everywhere, the tiny ship was tossed, if it wasn't for the courage of the fearless crew the Black Pearl would have been lost..... the Skipper (Pete) held his course even needing a potting break, Craig the trusty first mate stood by his captain side navigating the ruff waters and the two island HOTTIE's (myself and Carla) tried without success to keep everything from bouncing off the bed and breaking. Well anyway we did make it back to Bullfrog and were able to get the boat out of the water safely. After dropping the boat at Off Shore and making it to Hanks ville for lunch we realized that I had left Pete's wallet in the boat and we had to turn around and go back to get it, but we did finally make it home around 9:30 PM on Sunday. Thanks Bennett's for our little adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wull Ya!!! It was an awsomely fun time,thanks you guys! Craig.