Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow and pools


I guess snow and pools are not so good together. We were told that we need to get the snow off of the pool cover so that the snow won't weigh it down. When it rains we have this little pump that you throw out on the cover and it just pumps the water off. Easy. Snow, not so easy. You have to walk on the cover and carefully shovel off the snow. This goes against what you have been taught, which is don't walk on the cover, yeah it will hold your whole family and them some but it is not meant to be walked on. The lightest person in the family should do this shoveling. Kyler is much lighter than me so decision made. Kyler is supposed to do the snow removal. Oh but no, Kyler decided Kayla was the lightest person in the family and that she should do it because he was too heavy. In his view she used the pool as much he did, and she's here all the time, which means part of the family. My son the gentleman.
He did provide the much need moral support for Kayla; as she shoveled he stood back, kept her company and told her what she should do. All of this talking just plumb wore him out so he need a break.
It really wasn't as bad as I made it out, but from the picture that I took thats the idea that you got. When I looked at the pictures I just laughed. Well, Kyler did help. They both decided it was pretty cool walking on water. They said that you could feel the ice break when you stepped down which was a little freaky. They got most of the snow off of the cover for now but there is supposedly a lot more to come over the next week.
It looks like we are going to have a white Christmas. This makes Pete very happy. Snow removal is are only source of income during the winter. It can snow everyday until Christmas eve but then I hope it stop, until at least after Christmas morning. Last year it was just Kyler and I Christmas eve and Christmas morning, Pete was out pushing snow. So this year I am hoping for the best. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

That is too funny! It sounds like how negotiations happen at my house too =)

Shamelessly said...

Love This post! So funny, and so like Kyler!