Monday, September 8, 2008

Kiefer's Birthday











18 years ago yesterday, I gave birth to the most wonderful little boy anyone could ask for. Kiefer weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 21 inches long. He was born at 3:34 PM during Days of Our Lives. He didn't want to come out and pretty much got completely stuck and so the doctors had to push him back in, then pull him out. OUCH!!!!! He was totally worth it in the end. He had ton of brown hair that stuck straight up and big brown eyes. Randy and I were so excited to have him with us. He was so cute and such a good baby. Kiefer never really took naps so when Kyler was born I thought that there was something wrong with Kyler because he slept all the time. This not needing much sleep continued his whole short life and now I believe that Kiefer knew somewhere inside of him that he was only going to be here for a short time and needed to make the most of it. Oh, and he did. It was really hard to keep him in the house. At night he had this problem with crawling out the window. I miss that boy more than anyone can possibly know. I even miss getting up to check on him in the midde of the night and only finding pillows, and I am sure Randy misses my 2:00 AM phone calls about Kiefer's whereabouts. To celebrate Kiefer 's Birthday, Kyler and I decided that Kiefer would have loved to go to Chucky Cheese. It was one of his favorite places as a little boy so why not? So on Saturday we all got together and went. We ordered pizza and all the teenagers had a great time (especially Kayla, she had never been there before). They played games and they all got a ton of tickets. I gave each of them a gift of one of Kiefer's loves... Pepsi, Rock Star, cookies ect. It was really fun, then they all said one thing that Kiefer loved and one thing that he hated. Some of his loves were: his phone, his ipod, Parker my niece said he loved her, which I thought was really cute. Somethings that he hated were rules, homework, and shallow minded people. We all had fun remembering and laughing at things Kiefer did. I love you so much Kiefer. Happy 18th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shamelessly said...

It looks like a lot of fun! i wish I could have been there!!